Saturday, September 10, 2011

Journeys

I think that it is important to research the area of history that you are wanting to explore. For me it is a matter of learning about the costumes completely, that is from the inside out. When I approach making of a costume I start from the inside making the garment, which in this case is a chemise. Then working from there I build the outfit, with the finishing touches being the accessories.

But I am not content to stop there I also want to learn the customs and manners that were part of the day. For Regency I love knowing that It I go outside I would wear hat and gloves and particular outerwear. That is fun for me.

Everyone needs to find out what is fun for them. There should never be a particular requirement for authenticity. Playing Regency should be fun. we are playing dress up are are we not. I have been recreating History for along time going from one time period to another. It has been a wonderful journey I started out as a 6th century celt. Then I traveled through the ages and ended up doing costumes of the 16th century. Oh that is soooo much fun now I want to include Regency in my journey. I reserve the right to go back and forth through time.

They other thing that makes it fun for me is teaching all the things that I learn to others if they want to learn . I love to share.

1 comment:

  1. A journey back in time, especially to the Regency period, can be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete